By submitting your registration, you have agreed to enter and participate in the following event, Danang International Marathon 2020, and abide by all the terms and conditions set forth by city officials, organizers, and event supporting groups.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
UPGRADE/ DOWNGRADE/ TRANSFER
- Participants can change distance up until 11:59 pm Sun, 24th May 2020 – UTC+07:00 (or once the registration is sold out). If you wish to change the distance, kindly email to email@example.com, provide the following information:
– Your registered name and email
– Your registration ID
– Your registered distance
– Indicate what changes you would like to have (upgrade/downgrade)
- If you change to the distance whose fee is higher than the registered distance, you are required to pay the difference in entry fees of when you registered and the current fee at the point of upgrade.
- If you change to the distance whose fee is lower than the registered distance, there is no refund of the difference in entry fees.
- An administration fee of 100,000 VND must be paid upon any changes.
2. TRANSFERRING ENTRIES
- Participants can transfer your entries up until 11:59 pm Sun, 24th May 2020 – UTC+07:00 (or once the registration is sold out). If you wish to change the distance, kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org, provide the following information:
- Registered participant’s information:
– Your registered email
– Your registration ID
– Your registered distance
- New participant’s information:
– DOB, gender, nationality, and email address
– Emergency contact
– T-shirt size
- An administration fee of 300,000 VND must be paid
If you have any questions regarding Upgrade/ Downgrade/ Transfer, please contact us at email@example.com.
REFUND/ CANCELLATION POLICY
All registrations for the Manulife Danang International Marathon event are considered final upon payment. Manulife Danang International Marathon does not formally offer refunds, transfers, or deferrals of any kind. Participants should review and explore our Registration Refund/Cancellation Policy offered within the Manulife Danang International Marathon online registration.
This insurance product is low cost and this is available for a fee of 300,000 VND as cancellation insurance. If you select the cancellation insurance option you may cancel your registration until the April 15, 2020 and you will receive 100% of the amount paid less service fees. The 300,000 VND cancellation insurance is non refundable.
Refund will no longer be available from April 16, 2020 onward.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
EVENT ENTRY & REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
The minimum age of a participant is 18 years old, on race day, to enter the Full Marathon (42.195km), 16 years old for the Half Marathon (21.0975km), and 12 years old for the 10KM distance. Any participant discovered to be under the required age by registered distance will be disqualified. Any parent or legal guardian who enters a person under the required ages and participates in the race will be disqualified and banned from the race for a period of up to 2 years.
All participants must show their personal documents (ID/Passport) when picking up their race packets for proper verification.
Race numbers can only be picked up at the designated location of the RACE KIT PICK-UP. Information on location & time will be provided to participants at least 1 week before race day. No special arrangements will be made.
Without exception, all participants must agree to and sign the event waiver included in the registration e-form by clicking in the box “Agree”.
Race entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable under all circumstances.
If some of the above topics need more clarification, in some special circumstances, please inform the organizer by email to: email@example.com. The organizer will hold the final decision.
BIBs are assigned and must be picked up & verified by the person who originally registered for it.
The BIB number can only be obtained at the Kit Collection point – information of time /location will be sent to the participant at least 1 week before the show date. The Organizer will not arrange for any exceptions to the individual registration (kit delivery, early pickup, etc.) unless the participants join as group/company/sponsors.
The timing chip will be pinned under the BIB number and need to be tested at the timing chip counter on race kit pick up day. Participants found to be wearing or transporting two or more timing chips during the race will be disqualified and banned from future Events.
All registrations and BIB’s assigned are strictly prohibited from being swapped, re-sold, transferred, or worn by another person on race day. A person running with a BIB not assigned to them will result in the disqualification of the person, wearing the BIB, who is running with the unmatched BIB. The person to whom the BIB is registered to will also be disqualified.
All participants must wear, always, the official BIB at the start line, race route, and finish line to be identified and treated as a participant of the race.
Race BIB’s must be pinned on the front of the participant’s singlet, shirt, or shorts and must always be visible, while on the racecourse and finish line. Participants who can’t be verified as they pass through officials and checkpoints due to missing or obscured race numbers may be determined to have cut the course and removed from the results or disqualified. Race numbers may not be folded or cut.
Complimentary Entry Registrations (CER) are entitled to:
– Podium, if one of the ranking winners
– Trophy, if one of the ranking winners
– Have race results with Ranking on our event website
– Medal (if race distance is completed within the allotted time)
– Finisher or runner shirt, whichever is provided in the race category
– No CER is entitled to receive any cash or sponsor prizes.
The racecourse can either be described as the roadway between the edges and curbs or by the marks or cones.
Participants must not destroy or vandalize any public or private property. Individuals will be subject according to the Vietnamese Law for penalties and punishment with violations in and around the venue and on the race route. Participants on the race route must take full responsibility for their actions.
Participants are responsible to recognize and understand the event signages and symbols relating to the race route maps, facilities, and directions.
Participants must retire immediately from the race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any government authority, including fire and police officers.
Participants are required to start in their designated race corrals.
All participants must get into their starting corral at the assigned entry points. Illegal entering such as climbing over the fence will be disqualified from the event.
Any participant late for their races’ start time or attempting to enter a start corral to which they are not assigned will be required to start after all other participants have crossed the start line (start at the last wave).
All participants are responsible for knowing the event’s start times, of individuals’ respective races, and check-in method for their corral. All participants must remain in their corral at the appointed time to receive further instructions and get into the official start of the race. In order to maintain safety, late-arriving participants must report to the last corral.
2. Time Limit
The Event has a maximum race day finish time of 7 hours measured from the Full Marathon Start time. The Marathon course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit. Participants that fail to keep up with the pace will be guided to the sidewalk and continue to complete the race, however, a finishing time may not be guaranteed. Once directed to the sidewalk, the participants must comply with all the traffic and pedestrian laws. The aid stations will also be closed as the same time as the streets.
The event time requirement applies to all forms of entry and event participation.
Participants shall immediately and respectfully comply with the directions of any race official, event staff, and government authority. Participants may not make any public protest or display of disgust with regards to the application of these rules or any decision of any race marshal or official.
No Participant shall make a bad-faith protest against any other participants.
All complaints must be presented at the information booth for processing and verification.
4. Conduct & Interference
At all times during the Event, Participants will act with due consideration of the safety and rights of other participants. Regardless of the circumstances or competitive disadvantage, no participant shall commit any act that endangers any other participant. Participants shall not intentionally obstruct, impede or interfere with the forward progress of another participant. Actions such as these are safety hazards and participants endangering others will be banned from future events or organizers and associates of the organizer in the region.
Participants must remain on the racecourse, which is determined by the roadway’s edges and curbs or the marks and cones. Those who intentionally shorten the race route, or “course cutting” will be considered disqualified. Any participant that abandons the racecourse, no matter the reason, must re-enter the race at the last post or else will also be disqualified for course-cutting. Moreover, a course-cutting violation can be decided by eye-witness reports, surveillance equipment, and video or failure to register times at timing mats or present in race photography. Participants whose split times are missing or irregular at official timing checkpoints will be reanalyzed and considered for disqualification.
6. Unauthorized Persons
Only participants who registered to join the race are allowed along the course from 4 am-12 am. No other person is authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. Such unauthorized persons include but are not limited to, the children and other family members and friends of participating athletes. All unauthorized persons will be directed to leave the start and secured finish areas and the course.
All unauthorized persons and not having issued bib numbers shall be directed to leave the course.
7. Participant safety
For the safety of the participant and the others around him/her, participants are not allowed to carry more than what is necessary for the race.
You may have with you while running the following:
– Pocket-sized audio player and headphones
– Pocket-sized cellular phone
– Pocket-sized photographic devices (example mini-sport cameras only)
– Hydration bottles and fuel belts
– Flags that can fit in the pocket, must be non-commercial
– Hydration bags and belts (specifically only for hydration and nutrition)
Prohibited items include:
– Selfie sticks, camera mount which is not attached directly to the head or torso
– Weapons & sharp objects
– Signs & banners larger than 30cm x45cm
– Duvets, sleeping bags, and large blankets or comforters
– Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances of any kind
– Flycam, unmanned aerial devices, and any other flying device
– Glass containers
– Any containers of liquid that is larger than one liter
– Backpacks bigger than 15L
– Weight vests
The use of wheeled devices by participants is strictly limited to authorized and officially registered wheelchair and handcycle participants, baby joggers, baby strollers. Skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device are not permitted in Full Marathon, Half Marathon & 10KM races.
No animals of any kind, including dogs, maybe brought on the course or into the Start or Finish line areas.
An infant or child cannot be carried at any point on the racecourse or in the Start or Finish line areas.
8. Directions from Officials
Participants must retire immediately from the race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
Event officials will have the right to reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to safety or security concerns, weather.
9. Directions from Medical Officials
Authorized medical personnel will have the right to require a participant to stop at any point on the racecourse for an examination. Medical personnel may remove a participant from the Event if it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare. Any participant who fails to immediately accept the direction of authorized medical personnel will be disqualified and may be banned from future Events. Participants allowed by medical personnel to continue the racecourse will not have received any illegal assistance and not be penalized.
Participants need to take full responsibility for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the Event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician, pharmaceutical goods and services.
RESULTS & AWARDS
The top 3 finishers in Full Marathon (42.195km), Half Marathon (21.0975km), 10KM distance will receive a commemorative award. All official finishers, within the respective cut off times, will receive a commemorative medal.
– Full Marathon – 42.195km distance: the top 5 finishers of each gender, will receive a medal and a prize. All official finishers, within the respective cut off times, will receive a commemorative medal.
– Half Marathon – 21.0975km and 10KM distance: the top 3 finishers of each gender, will receive a medal and a prize. All official finishers, within the respective cut off times, will receive a commemorative medal.
1 Finisher medals & finisher t-shirt
All runners who cross the start and finish line during the event will receive their finisher shirts (42.195km and 21.0975km races)
All runners who cross the finish line within the respective cut off time for their respective registered races will receive the race medal. (42.195km, 21.0975km, 10KM races)
2 Did Not Finish (DNF) participants
Participants who finished the race beyond the cut off time given to them for their respective race will be marked as Did Not Qualify in the results page.
All DNF participants are not eligible to receive the medals. The reason is that the participant did not finish the race in the allotted time given. The medal is a privilege not a right to participants, the registration is the chance to earn the medal and not a payment for it. The medal is a symbol of achievement making it not for sale.
3 Official times for all races
All runners are timed electronically by the organizer, the system reads your chip attached to your BIB. Do not at any time cut, peel, bend, or damage your BIB and chip, protect your BIB’s. The net time is when the chip crosses the start line and when it crosses the finish line. The official time is based on the gun start time and the time the chip crosses the finish line. All official times “Gun times”, and the net time, is provided on the results page of the official event website.
TERMS AND AGREEMENT
By submitting your registration you are agreeing to enter into the Event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions, and any instructions were given to you by the organizers and officials of the Event.
1. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event or to ask you to cease participation if you participate in the event with a manner that we believe:
– may cause injury to you or another participant;
– may damage or harm the environment;
– in our opinion is likely to cause offense;
– or otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety;
– including any failure the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs;
– an injury or illness, health problems
2. If cancellation of reasons goes beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions, or any internal reasons, there will not be a refund.
4. You agree that any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
– Personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes
– You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our Event partners in connection with the organization, staging, and administration of the Event.
– You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymized and the anonymized data may be used by us and our Event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information:
+ The promotion and marketing of the Event;
+ Adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities; promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community-based activities organized by our Event Partners, (together the “Marketing Information”).
5. It is YOUR responsibility to be fit and well on the day of the marathon in order to enjoy the experience and not put yourself at risk. We won’t take any liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
6. Please check your race kit carefully when you receive it on race kit pick up day. There will be a T-shirt, BIB number (chip tag), race guide, medal*, finisher t-shirt* with your corresponding distance of race kit. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your race kit or any goods are missing after when you bring it out of race kit pick up site, we won’t be able to accept back any goods or exchange for any new ones
7. The participant knows that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. The participant will not enter and run unless the participant is medically able and properly trained. The participant agrees to abide by any decisions of a race official relative to his/ her ability to safely complete the run. The participant assumes all risks associated with running this event, which cannot be eliminated completely, ranging from minor injuries to catastrophic injuries, including, but not limited to tripping and falling, contacting with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and the conditions of the road and death, all such risks being known and acknowledged by the participant. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of acceptance of entry, the participant, for his/ herself and anyone entitled to act on his/ her behalf, waive and release the race and the Da Nang City, its board members, officers, employees, sponsors, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors, and agents, their representatives and successors from, and agree not to sue any of the foregoing on, any and all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of his/ her participation in this event even though that liability may arise out of negligence, whether sole, joint, concurrent, or gross, or carelessness on the part of the person named in this waiver.
In the event of inclement weather and the organizer has decided to call off or stop the event, the participant agrees to abide by their decision and if the participant decides otherwise, he/she acknowledges all the risks involved and hereby waive & release the race, its organizers and Da Nang City, from any claims or liabilities.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register for an event, respond to a survey, join our priority list or fill out a form on our website.
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
2. What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
– To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
3. To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
– To process transactions.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
– To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
– To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates on your registration, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc..
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
4. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
5. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
6. Third-party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
7. Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.www.rundanang.com.
8. Your Consent